Beef Rainbow salad
Servers 4 people
800g Australian Beef strips
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons dried oregano
½ lemon, zested and juiced (juice reserved for salad dressing)
5 small beetroots, peeled, chopped into small pieces
6 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
½ purple cabbage, thinly sliced
150g snow peas, cut in half
½ bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on fan and place the beetroot pieces on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the beef strips, olive oil, dried oregano and lemon zest. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowls, add the carrots, purple cabbage, snow peas and parsley.
- In a hot frying pan, add the marinated beef strips along with the olive and lemon zest and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the roasted beetroot to the salad and toss.
- To make the salad dressing, place all ingredients in a jug and whisk. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Add the beef strips to the salad and enjoy.