Fusilli Ricotta & Tomato Pasta
In the Summertime we crave pasta as much as we do in the winter. We used wholemeal fusilli to make this recipe a little lighter, the nutty flavour of the wholemeal pasta is seriously delicious and healthy of course!
We have the best childhood memories of pasta, growing up in a greek family it was a family staple, Yiayia would have a big pot of plain spaghetti ( yes plain) there was something so significant about Yiayia’s plain pasta. She would brown her butter in a pot and then add the pasta. For us simple food is what we grew up on.
Its all about the tomatoes in this recipe ripe, juicy and sweet. Watching the tomatoes slowly cook and burst into the oil makes the perfect salsa. Our kitchen smells just like Greece.
Enjoy this recipe with a glass of our favourite greek red wine – Alpha Estate Pinot Noir.
500g wholemeal pasta
1 packet fresh basil
1 handful of small olives
250g fresh ricotta
200g tomatoes ( use your favourites)
- Put a frying pan on medium heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl add the pork loin, along with the dried oregano, lemon & pepper mix and hot peppers. Coat the pork in the spices until covered.
- Add the pork to the frying pan and cook on both sides for 2 minutes, then set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the salad ingredients along with the pork loin pieces. Toss to combine.
- To make the salad dressing add all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk. Pour the dressing onto the pork salad.
- To finish it off crumble the Kefalotyri cheese on top, along with the walnuts.
- Enjoy with a glass of Alpha Estate Sauvignon Blanc purchase www.estatewines.com.au