Strolling the Streets of Athens in 35 degree heat, we stumbled across the Fresh food Markets located just a 10 minute walk from the city centre. It was foodie heaven, old greek men yelling at us trying to sell their finest pieces of meat as well as “perving” whilst we walked by wearing red lipstick.
We picked up two pieces of pork loin, kefalotyri cheese, a selection of greek spices and a big bag of salad ingredients.
Check out the markets here www.athensguide.com/agora.html
2 fillets of pork loin
150g Kefalotyri cheese or Greek feta
Drizzle of Extra virgin Olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp lemon & pepper mix
1 tbsp dried hot peppers ( replace with dried chili flakes if N/A)
Juice & zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Salt to season
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cos lettuces , chopped
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 Punnet mixed sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
2 Pears, sliced
- Put a frying pan on medium heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl add the pork loin, along with the dried oregano, lemon & pepper mix and hot peppers. Coat the pork in the spices until covered.
- Add the pork to the frying pan and cook on both sides for 2 minutes, then set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the salad ingredients along with the pork loin pieces. Toss to combine.
- To make the salad dressing add all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk. Pour the dressing onto the pork salad.
- To finish it off crumble the Kefalotyri cheese on top, along with the walnuts.
- Enjoy with a glass of Alpha Estate Sauvignon Blanc purchase www.estatewines.com.au