Ricotta gnocchi with Beef sausages
Servers 4 people
450g Australian Beef sausages
4 egg yolks
1 teaspoon salt
200g plain flour
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
100g baby spinach
Season with pepper
Parmesan to serve, optional
Fresh basil to serve, optional
- In a deep large pot, add water and salt and bring to the boil. In a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta, yolks and salt and using your hands combine the ingredients. Add the flour and combine until you form a dough. Divide the dough into 4 portions, roll 1 portion into a 2cm-diameter log and cut into 2cm pieces. Lay on a tray and place to the side. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Remove the casting from the sausages, add the sausage mince to a large frying pan and fry till brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes then add the spinach.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and remove once they float to the top.
- Stir the cooked gnocchi into the sausage ragu and stir to coat the gnocchi.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan and cracked pepper.